All seminars, except where otherwise indicated, will be on Thursdays between 14:00 and 16:00, Bucharest time. The seminars are held locally at Hall 214 (“Google”) of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest, but can also be occasionally held remotely.
To receive announcements about the seminar, please send an email to email@example.com.
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Cezar Câmpeanu (University of Prince Edward Island)
Cover Languages — Main Results and Applications
Abstract: The concept of Deterministic Finite Cover Automata (DFCA) was first introduced in 1998 at WIA ’98. Several minimization algorithms have been developed for this type of automata recognizing finite languages. The idea was then extended to include the non-deterministic versions of cover automata. The latest extension includes deterministic automata with do-not-care symbols and multiple entries. It has been proven that most problems related to non-deterministic versions of cover automata are NP-hard. In this talk, we present a survey of results and some recent applications of cover automata.
Thursday, February 16, 2023
Ionuț Țuțu (IMAR)
Thursday, February 23, 2023
Mircea Dumitru (University of Bucharest & Romanian Academy)
Semantics for Modal Logics
- LOS/IMAR/ILDS Logic Seminar in 2021-2022
- LOS/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2020-2021
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2019-2020
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2018-2019
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2017-2018
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2016-2017
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2015-2016
- FMI/IMAR Logic Seminar in 2014-2015
- IMAR Logic Seminar in 2013-2014
- IMAR Logic Seminar in 2012-2013
- FMI Logic in Computer Science Seminar in 2014
- FMI Logic in Computer Science Seminar in 2013